Delaware Drum and Dance Hafla
Lorelei is still hosting a Bellydance performance Hafla in Newark, DE. They will continue in 2014. 3rd Sunday at 3:30 pm (most months)
The Delaware Drum and Dance Hafla (DD & D) has used several locations in northern DE including: Timothy's of Newark, MOJO Main, and the Oddity Bar. We are now happy to move to our next location:
The Hafla has existed since Feb 2010. See the hafla history here: hafla_hist
You can also find us on Facebook. Delaware Drum and Dance Hafla
Want to help the DD&D Hafla??
- We always need helpers to set up, break down, MC and run the cash box.
- We can also use printing and copying: like Staples and Kinkos.
- We have plenty of paper now, but not enough ink/toner
2014 HaflaThe Delaware Hafla continues into 2014!!
Headliners for the first half of the year:
- Jan 19 Omar of
- Feb 16 Zahra Noor , now of MD **Happy Birthday DDD Hafla** VIP link
- Mar 16 Phoenix of MD
- Apr 27 Ishtar of PA (with workshop
Sunday!!! And early start 1pm.
- May 18 Meesha of PA
- Jun 22 Nefertiti of DE 4th Sunday!!!
- July 20 EFFING HAFLA (radio edits and bellydance)
- Aug 17th Ro Raqs from MD
- Sep 21st the PIRATE HAFLA with Naimah
- Oct 19 Philomena (Rising Star grand champion of Jewels
of the Orient)
- Also Halloween Hafla, feel free to dress in costume
- location: The Newark Arts Alliance, 276 E
Main St, 19711
- Nov 16: the Thankful Hafla
- location: The Newark Arts Alliance, 276 E Main St, 19711
- And the Bellyanna improv hafla: Dec 28 (4th
- location: the George Wilson Center. 303 New London Rd,
Information from the first in 2012 here:
Drum and Dance Haflas will feature a 3 - 6 performances, some from professional restaurant dancers and some from students of bellydance, but all have experience. Both traditional Middle Eastern styles as well as Tribal, Tribal Fusion, and Cabaret Fusion will be performed. There will also be time for open dance and drum, so bring your hip scarves, drums, and dancing feet.
Performances by other dance forms and musicians also welcome. Please send the information in the application to Lorelei.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application for being a guest performer: Application (word document)
The Newark Arts Alliance is a locally supported 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, that provides the citizens of Newark opportunity to explore and display their creativity, as well as to participate in classes and events in the visual and performing arts.
Sidebar and header photographs by foto illume and Larry of Triformis Photography
Info: Lorelei.email@example.com or call 302-464-0392
VIP Advanced ReservationsFor Jan -Mar Haflas 2014: VIP reserved seating. If you want a seat in one of the first 2 tables to the stage, you can pre-pay and reserve for this hafla.
- VIP seating: No VIP seating for Nov, But it will be back for DEC
- Below are links for hafla donations and Dec vendors and VIPs
- Donations always welcome
- These are not refundable, and good for only the hafla in question.
- But they are transferable between people. You can buy one as a gift for friends and family, just include who it is for in the notes.
- Also added: DDD Donation. If you can't make it to the hafla, but want to contribute to help us keep running.
The Delaware hafla will not always be featuring one headlining act each month. Dancers with more experience are welcome to perform longer sets as time allows. We will still often have themes. (EX, September is Pirate month)
Hafla Organized by Lorelei
New location starting Oct 2014
The Newark Arts Alliance
276 E Main St. , Newark, DE
Bring a dish to share