Delaware Drum and Dance Hafla
Lorelei is still hosting a Bellydance performance Hafla in Newark, DE. They will continue in 2014. 3rd Sunday at 3:30 pm (most months)
The Delaware Drum and Dance Hafla (DD & D) has used several locations in northern DE including: Timothy's of Newark, MOJO Main, and the Oddity Bar. We are now happy to move to our next location:
The Newark Arts Alliance is a locally supported 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, that provides the citizens of Newark opportunity to explore and display their creativity, as well as to participate in classes and events in the visual and performing arts.
The Hafla has existed since Feb 2010. See the hafla history here: hafla_hist
You can also find us on Facebook. Delaware Drum and Dance Hafla
Want to help the DD&D Hafla??
- We always need helpers to set up, break down, MC and run the cash box.
- We can also use printing and copying: like Staples and Kinkos.
- We have plenty of paper now, but not enough ink/toner
2014 HaflaThe Delaware Hafla continues into 2014!! Look for 2015 dates here soon.
- Nov 16: the Thankful Hafla
- location: The Newark Arts Alliance, 276 E Main St, 19711
- And the Bellyanna improv hafla: Dec 28 (4th
- location: the George Wilson Center. 303 New London Rd, 19711
- Information from the first in 2012 here: bellyanna.html
More About the Hafla
Drum and Dance Haflas will feature a 3 - 6 performances, some from professional restaurant dancers and some from students of bellydance, but all have experience. Both traditional Middle Eastern styles as well as Tribal, Tribal Fusion, and Cabaret Fusion will be performed. There will also be time for open dance and drum, so bring your hip scarves, drums, and dancing feet.
Performances by other dance forms and musicians also welcome. Please send the information in the application to Lorelei.email@example.com
- Application for being a guest performer: Application (word document)
Sidebar and header photographs by foto illume and Larry of Triformis Photography
VIP Advanced Reservations and DonationFor Jan -Mar Haflas 2014: VIP reserved seating. If you want a seat in one of the first 2 tables to the stage, you can pre-pay and reserve for this hafla.
- VIP seating: No VIP seating for Nov, But it will be back for DEC
- Below are links for hafla donations and Dec vendors and VIPs
- Donations always welcome
- These are not refundable, and good for only the hafla in question.
- But they are transferable between people. You can buy one as a gift for friends and family, just include who it is for in the notes.
- Also added: DDD Donation. If you can't make it to the hafla, but want to contribute to help us keep running.
In the spirit of gift giving, the dancers of the Dec 16th Drum and Dance Hafla plan to give the gift of their favorite dance tune to another dancer to perform, while giving back to the community. All the music CD's will be wrapped as gifts. Each dancer has chosen music, but that is not the "gift" that they may choose.
All donatations collects support the CIty of Newark Parks and Rec department. All proceeds, after rent is paid, will be donated to another local 501c.
This hafla will feature 5 - 10 guest dancers, some who are professional restaurant dancers and some who students of the dance, but all have experience in Bellydance. Both traditional Middle Eastern styles as well as Tribal, Tribal Fusion, and Cabaret Fusion will be performed. There will also be time for open dance and drum, so bring your hip scarves, drums, and dancing feet.
Hafla Organized by Lorelei
New location for December Only:
George Wilson Center.
303 New London Rd, 19711
Bring a dish to share